RE: More Ammo Against Dynamic SQL?

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:49:45 -0500

Kelly,

    Well, let's see from by history:

    1) Syntax errors due to changing objects.
    2) Syntax errors due to new versions of rdbms
    3) Ease of troubleshooting when something does go wrong.
    4) Less code to do the same job.
    5) Increases in efficiency of the application.  Try parsing a couple
thousand statements per minute & you can really start talking response
time.
    6) Shorter lock intervals & the resulting increase on concurrency.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International