RE: More Ammo Against Dynamic SQL?

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle Freelists'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:49:36 -0500

Toons and Richard gave you some very nice ones.

To those I would add the ability, in the event that your application
includes access over a wide area, to encode (and document of course) your
packages, procedures, and functions with short names so that instead of
transmitting many Ks of sqlcode, your calls across whatever network you're
across are a few characters for the package name, a few characters for the
procedure or function name, plus the required inbound parameters and any
results that are retrived. You'd be surprised.

mwf

  _____