Re: More Ammo Against Dynamic SQL?

Here's a counter opinion from a developer.

I've been working in a shop that only allowed procedure/function/package
interfaces to the database.  That's all and very well and good if time and
budgets are not issues.  I have yet to see a web development environment
who's development wizards do not work better with a table/view than a
function/procedure interface to the underlying data.

I would submit that a nice compromise is to use views with instead of
triggers.  That can provide the best of both worlds -- access to development
environment productivity tools like code wizards while maintaining a pseudo
procedure/function interface to the application.

--
Rumpi Gravenstein