RE: Metalink Fiasco

  • From: Martin Brown <martinfbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:14:15 -0500

I'm just curious.... how many of you guys and gals are felling warm and fuzzy
about OCM these days?

As for me, I don't think I'm quite ready yet....;-D.

From: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:04:39 -0800
Subject: Re: Metalink Fiasco
To: daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Daniel Fink <daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

he asked who took our online My Oracle Support training? When only 2 hands went
up (in a room of 90), his response was to chastise us for not taking the
training.

I spent some time on the training yesterday.

It is quite tedious.  'A' for effort, as it was well put together.

For an experienced ML user though, a 45 minute session with 5 minutes of
useful information is very difficult to sit through.

There are some other targeted sessions that may be more useful, such as
patch management.

I have learned the most though just when navigating through the tool.

For a newby, the training would be great.

For someone experienced with ML, it wasn't that helpful, at least
the couple sessions I watched.

 Jared StillCertifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/