Metalink Fiasco

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 13:02:43 -0500

I don't know how else to put this besides fiasco-  this is totally
unacceptable for a company as large at Oracle.  Metalink has been
effectively down for 3 days now.

I have patches to download, problems to research and service requests to
update.  My company spends millions of dollars a year alone for Oracle
Support.  The read-only Metalink never worked, and the Oracle support
phone lines are saturated.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being completely dissatisfied, and 10
being ultra happy, I can safely say I am not in the 6-10 range.