Re: Hugepages - benefits / drawbacks

  • From: "Christo Kutrovsky" <kutrovsky.oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jason.arneil@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 17:05:51 -0400

However the problem with Solaris is if you have the database down
while you do ...say file copy operations, then the memory gets
fragmented and when you start it up later it's using smaller pages /
less of the "large" pages.

However, this is not an issue on Solaris at all due to ISM.

--
Christo Kutrovsky
DBA Team Lead