Re: Hugepages - benefits / drawbacks

  • From: "Roman Podshivalov" <roman.podshivalov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yong321@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:19:33 -0400

Not a problem at all.

I tested this with various statements and verified pga allocation via
v$sesstat view. Still I'm failing to understand the following logic. If
something is using ISM that means something is somehow involved with shared
memory segments, because ISM is nothing else but a different way of
controlling and allocating shared segments. If any operation creates shared
memory segment with or without ISM I should be able to observe it via ipcs
command output. So far under Solaris ipcs output matches with allocated SGA,
nothing else. And segment sizes are pretty static. Please point me out where
this logic is failing.

--romas