Re: Fw: OT - Getting fired for database oops

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 18:53:51 +1000

Andre van Winssen wrote,on my timestamp of 27/05/2009 4:53 PM:

my favourite would be a preventive control, one which simply does not allow oracle user to change glogin.sql just like that. A drastic but effective implementation is to chown root glogin.sql and make it read only by oracle user (and the world). This would be acceptable because you do not update this file often, only sqlplus reads it every time

Good idea, and applicable to a lot of others as well.
Thanks!

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto