Re: Fw: OT - Getting fired for database oops

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thomas Day <tomdaytwo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 07:48:53 -0700

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 6:57 AM, Thomas Day <tomdaytwo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> SET SQLprompt "&db_name..&user_name> "
> It doesn't reset the sqlprompt when I go to a new database.  What technique
> do you use?
As of 10.2.something I believe, login.sql is called automatically by
sqlplus when new connections are made.  Just tested on

When making a connection to a new database however, I always
logout.  Logging onto a database is handled by a shell script, so
it's just a matter of 'olog <dbname>'

There's different ways to handle this, but I long ago got into the habit
of exiting sqlplus and restarting it for new database connections.