RE: DB12c in Production?

  • From: Peter Sharman <pete.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx, Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 10:58:41 -0700 (PDT)

+1 on what Hans said.

Even after using DB12c for quite some time, I ***STILL*** find myself doing a
connect / as sysdba and ending up connected to the CDB instead of the PDB.
SHOW CON_ID or SHOW CON_NAME is one of my most frequently used commands. ;)

Old habits die hard, especially for those of us that have been around too long.

Pete

Pete Sharman
Principal Product Manager
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61262924095 | | Fax: +61262925183 | | Mobile: +61414443449

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA