Re: DB12c in Production?

  • From: Hanan Hit <hithanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: s.cislaghi@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 13:57:17 -0700

Hi All,

I successfully deployed 12 R1 12.2.0.2 in production more than three weeks ago.

I did download the initial 12.2.0.1 a day after it was released and working
with that in dev from that point in time.

Using Container and three-four pluggable database and so far I didn’t encounter
any major issues.

There are numoroues  changes that  must be done throughout but clearly all BEQ
scripts will need to be modified to use a proper service.

So far I like what I am seeing and already stared to use identity column,
invisible indexes with the same columns just to name a few.

Not using ASM due to site constraints but I would highly recommend it even
though it’s only R1.

Forgot to mention that I am running data warehouse with ETL using Informatica
and OBIEE as the front end reporting product.

Best,
        Hanan Hit