[optacon-l] OT: Accessible Point of Sale Terminals

  • From: "Carrie Green" <midorikeri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Optacon List" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 08:42:12 -0600

Dear Fellow Listers,

This is off topic, but I think it is an important topic, which as a blind
merchant I wish to do something about.

Here in Canada, point of Sale (POS) terminals are pretty much the norm for
processing payments for all sorts of merchandise. I have one here at my
home-based massage therapy clinic, and would love to hear your opinions on your
thoughts about accessibility or the lack there of. Also, if anyone knows of
anyone that is working with point of sale providers to make them accessible
from both the customer and merchant point of view, can you please let me know?
I do not want to re-invent the wheel if someone has started this process
already.

Thank you so much for your time in reading this off-topic posting.

All the best!

Carrie Green