[optacon-l] Re: OT: Accessible Point of Sale Terminals

  • From: "Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 20:56:31 -0500

I used to use an accessible Discover Talking Terminal, 1989-96, which w  as
a wonderful kludge between a normal Credit card Terminal and a horrible
Accent hardware speech synthesizer... It did AMEX, VISA, MASTERCARD and of
course, DISCOVER cards.  Maybe  somewhere I can find something in Braille
which will give you a starting point to search for the terminal to see if
anyone is still making it available...  It had a receipt printer which
worked with the normal tape for use with regular terminals, with copies for
vendor, bank, end-user Etc...

But, I'd be willing to bet there is a PC-based terminal program which could
be used with a printer which  could use that carbon-based tape, which could
be screen reader accessible.