[opendtv] Re: Wha' Happened to the FCC?

  • From: "Mark A. Aitken" <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:08:26 -0500

KYW is O&O, they will not touch the 1080i "True HDTV"...

On 3/10/2010 3:00 PM, Cliff Benham wrote:
Dale Kelly wrote:

CBS, due to their concerns about the poor performance of 1080i, restricted what affiliates could do in that area. Given receiver improvements over the years that may no longer be the case, or at least it shouldn't be.

KYW, the local CBS affiliate in Philadelphia uses the entire rf channel
for one HD program signal on virtual 3.1, rf channel 26.

All the other network broadcasters have at least two programs in their multiplexes.

Cliff

Regards,
Mark A. Aitken
Director, Advanced Technology
Sinclair Broadcast Group
===================================
(410) 568-1535 OFFICE
(443) 677-4425 MOBILE
===================================
"Let us have faith that right makes might,
and that in faith, let us,to the end,
dare to do our duty as we understand it."
<>   ~ Abraham Lincoln ~   <><

"We cannot truly face life until we face
the fact that it will be taken away from us."
<>   ~ Billy Graham ~   <><

"We must accept finite disappointment,
but we must never lose infinite hope."
<>   ~ Martin Luther King, Jr. ~   <><

"If a trend cannot continue,it will stop."
<>   ~ Herbert Stein ~   <><

begin:vcard
fn:Mark A. Aitken
n:Aitken;Mark A.
org:Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.;Engineering & Operations
adr:;;10706 Beaver Dam Road;Cockeysville;MD;21030;USA
email;internet:maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
title:Director of Advanced Technology
tel;work:(410) 568-1535
tel;fax:(410) 568-1580