[opendtv] Re: The "real" problem with OFDM in the U.S.

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:41:46 -0500

 > I'm not sure what would have been a more appropropriate
 > stategy.

If it was not desirable to suddenly allow longer range reception then
possibly they should have chosen a strategy that focused more on highly
reliable indoor reception with set top antennas.  It just seems silly to
design a new system with a criteria that it cannot surpass the old one.

And in this day and age a high tech system with that goal cannot
survive.  I still maintain it was a DUMB choice.

- Tom