[opendtv] Re: MPs back Ofcom stance on spectrum sale

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 01:55:03 -0400

One of the things that pushes me towards 1080p (which I don't have yet) is the sort of show & tell effect. You can talk all day long about how far away people will sit to watch TV. But when you get a new TV the first thing everybody does is walk up close to see how good the picture really is. It's maybe just ego but it makes me want one. ;-)

Of course I also use my HD displays as computer screens so I have another driving force towards higher resolution.

- Tom

We're starting to look at 42" LCD TVs. I've seen some very reasonably
priced ones in both 720p and 1080p. If the price delta is only a couple
of hundreds of $, it makes no sense to buy the 720p display, to me.

Hmmmm...

I think I would choose the one that delivers the best picture.

Tom Barry                  trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx