[opendtv] Re: CMOS sensors and rolling shutters

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:15:25 -0800

Obviously the CMOS imager doesn't have the memory on board to transfer an
entire frame to like an FIT CCD has.  I suppose a region could be added to
the CMOS imager to store the pixel's charges so that an entire frame can be
transferred to the memory at once and then "read" out over the frame
period.  But then that is what a CCD is, correct?  So remind me why CMOS
imagers are desirable?  Aren't they going backwards from the advantages of
the FIT CCD?

Dan