[opendtv] Re: CMOS sensors and rolling shutters

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:13:35 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Bittner" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I was incorrect. It was a Canon HV-20 at 24p. Here's the thread -

As I thought, skew and wobble is more noticeable at slower framerates.

Now that I think some more on it, older tube cameras scanned the target using interlace, so that added to the higher framerate may mean that skew and wobble weren't as noticeable.

John