[opendtv] Re: Apple to ditch IBM, switch to Intel chips

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 17:24:36 -0700

Interesting to point to make, Mitch.  I think it would have better resonance
about 10 days ago, before the reports -- denied by apple, but all truth
ultimately is -- that iPod sales had plateaued.  The same week that they
announced a settlement of consumer complaints (the battery will last for 8
hours and the batteries will last the lifetime of the hardware) that they
didn't live up to their marketing hype.  I suspect that a very few numbers
of those $50 certificates will be used.

Again.  Twas ever thus, for apple.  But, they still have people to carry
their water for them.

Then, there's the fact that they make money on the players, but lose money
on the downloads.  Rough seas at apple these days.

The hardware change is LONG -- decades long -- overdue.