[opendtv] Re: Apple to ditch IBM, switch to Intel chips

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:36:19 -0400

BeOs was first demonstrated in New York at my office on 44th and 6th
Ave. to a crowd that went out into the hall. Jammed was not the word for
it. Later that evening they had a demonstration at NYU. Still have my
black "BE" T-shirt though it is badly faded. Before that I was an Amiga
fanatic, (still have three machines), Betamax (still have a 1984 Sanyo
official Betamax machine of the LA Olympics), ADSL DMT Modulation (still
have DMT "modems"--forerunner to COFDM).

Jean-Louis was a former Apple exec who correctly saw that the Amiga was a
superior machine.

And BeOs is not dead. It is being reincarnated as Zeta OS in Germany where just
maybe in a continent that has shown a little courage in dealing with Microsoft
it might do something. Could be good for any media centric use. Microsoft may
not be able to squash this venture in Europe and especially if it travels to
China.

http://os.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/03/17/177217&from=rss
http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=223&slide=5
http://www.yellowtab.com/news/article.php?id=121