[opendtv] Re: 1080p questions

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 16:24:24 -0500

It was my understanding that DVD players were restricted by the DVD
license from upscaling to greater than 480p on analog outputs.   Though
there appeared to be some exceptions on the market like my Avel
Linkplayer and of course all the PC's that used grandfathered legacy vga
only connections to things not considered TV's.

Has all that changed?

- Tom