[opendtv] Re: 1080p questions

  • From: "Mike Tsinberg" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 17:37:25 +0000

TV sets that accept 1080p/24 and can display that image at 1080p/72 or
1080p/120 are the best display for 1080p/24 content. These display do not use
3:2 Film to Video frame rate conversion but instead use 1x3 or 1x5 frame rate
conversion that gives much better motion performance for 1080p/24 film. Most of
the Blu Ray titles are recorded at 1080p/24.

Mike Tsinberg
http://www.keydigital.com