[ola] Re: Vocabulary review

  • From: "Jody Soberon" <JodySo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 13:54:36 -0800

Hola y muchos saludos Nanosh,

S, porfa, mándame el juego cuando lo termines.

Gracias,

Jody

Foreign Languages
Brookings Harbor High School
>>> Nanosh Lucas <nanoshlucas@xxxxxxxxx> 1/13/2014 10:20 AM >>>
I’m in the midst of creating a faux “Cards Against Humanity” game right
now. The format lends itself perfectly to Spanish class because it tends
to use sentence frames often. I’ll drop the whole shebang to the
listserv when I’m finished. On second thought, maybe I’ll send it to you
on request. I should have a mostly school-appropriate copy by the end of
today or tomorrow.

Take care,

Nanosh

In case you aren’t familiar with the game, it’s like Apples to Apples
but adult-oriented and incredibly demeaning and inappropriate. And for
certain people it tends to be very funny. Having played Apples to Apples
in class, I find that it lacks some immediate relevancy - this new twist
should address that issue by using vocabulary we’ve used in class,
famous people, and the names of familiar places and staff at our
school.

On Jan 13, 2014, at 9:19 AM, JoAnna Coleman <joannac@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I like to do a round of Jeopardy - with the different topics as the
categories -

JoAnna Coleman
Spanish Teacher
Wilson High School