[ola] Re: Vocabulary review

  • From: Heather Pineault <heather_pineault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 23:14:28 -0500

Hola Nanosh,
I would love a copy, too.

Another game I play for reviewing vocab is to put the vocab up in sets of
maybe 8-10 words on a slide and have an even number of slides (4-6).  This
is with partners.  Person A looks at the words, person B looks away and has
to guess the words and write them down as Person A describes them.  It is a
great activity for circumlocution.  The kids have a lot of fun doing it!
Person A can describe in any way they want  - and you can decide whether
gestures, drawings, etc. can be used.  My kids do it with just speaking.
Then if you want to add a competitive twist, either see who gets all words
first, can add spelling correctly if that is important to you, or set a
time limit and see who has the most.  OR, do a full round with timer --
Person A and Person B both get a chance in each role, then add up.

Another vocab review game is like Scattegories -- give them a topic and let
them brainstorm in teams / partners as many words as they can that fit in
the topic.  Then when time is up, they read the lists out loud, crossing
off any word that any other group has.  So, you only get points for having
a word that nobody else does.

Amusez-vous bien!
Heather