[ola] Re: Vocabulary review

  • From: Stel Schmalz <sschmalz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 20:46:11 -0500

I've played a game with my kids similar to password/taboo.  I break them up
into 4 or 5 teams and put all words in a basket.  Each team sends 1 player
up and has 1 minute to to have their teammates guess as many words as
possible (while the other teams watch).  In the first round, they can do
the action attached to the word.  In the next round, they draw the words on
the board and in the final round, they need to circumlocute.  You switch
people each time so everyone gets a chance to be up front.  We've had a lot
of fun with this game.  I have a few kids who are not comfortable being the
person up front and for them, I let them skip it as long as they are
guessing the words when someone else is up there.

Stel