[ola] Moving on...

  • From: Heidi Hewitt <heidihewitt13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 09:19:43 -0500

Hi all,

I am in one of those ruts Tom and others in the group have talked about...

With midterms coming up, I feel like my students have barely progressed
from quarter 1 topics including body parts, colors, animals, and
descriptions. Where do I go from here? I've seen documents (thanks, Nanosh,
for the most recent one) with standard Spanish I questions - where do you
live, when's your birthday, etc. I have avoided that route because of my
mission to make everything "organic." Now it seems like I've come to a dead
end and I need more structure with what I'm bringing to class. I've had
more than enough of talking about animals, colors, and body parts all the
time, and I'm SURE my students are too.

How have you progressed this year?
What are your students working on?
How have you brought in new topics and created interesting progressions?
Can people weigh in about using units versus being against using units?

Thanks so much for any input!

Heidi