[ola] Re: Moving on...

  • From: Ashley Uyaguari <auyaguari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 13:42:26 -0500

BTW- if you haven't tried Darcy's lesson "plan" yet, you SHOULD. I did it
with 7th grade (NM/NH) and 8th grade (NH/IL) and it was great. We also went
different places with each class depending on what aspect of "Hero"
students wanted to talk about. One group ended up talking more about idols
than heros and that got us into an interesting conversation. Then I used an
article from NULU about an everyday hero who saved a cat from a burning
building.