[ncolug] Re: Minix3

  • From: "David Rakestraw" <rakestrawdavid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 12:05:45 -0500

I agree...mostly, but installed minix3 on a usb stick just for the hell of it
and was impressed that it boot without problems on my laptop.

Although this is not a Desktop OS, there is less and less need for desktops
and more need for fast, cheap, simple, networkable OSs. As networks and the
Internet get faster and more efficient, these little guys can be used on very
inexpensive devices to connect network appliances or "throw-away" devices.
Remote desktops to Xservers using cheap expendable devices for example.