[ncolug] Re: Help with Radius

  • From: Michael Knisely <mknisely@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:23:51 -0400

For X/Gnome, you can do "apt-get install ubuntu-desktop." You will, however, get with that all the other stuff on Ubuntu's desktop offering, like OO.o, Gimp, etc.

As for configuring the AP w/ radius to authenticate, I've attached some .pdfs that may help. If you would like a PDF of the entire book, let me know. Also, if you can tell me the IOS on the AP you have, I can find a book specific to your version. This is for 12.2(15)ish IOS.

Mike K.

Ken Allen wrote:
Ok, here is the full deal. I was running Ultimate Ubuntu and on locate command it would find freeradius, but when I went to that directory, freeradius was not there. I have now installed Ubuntu 6.10 Server and download and installed freeradius with apt-get and it configured and start radiusd. So I am going to go with that method and get the server up and running. I just now am trying to remember, have search yet, how to configure xserver so I can get gnome up and running.

Now I know every little about radius, but the billing software, aMember, has be build a database. I am quite yet how it works. All I need it to do is capture everyone that signs on and point them to the billing page. I know I have to do this in the Cisco 1231 with aaa radius and point it to the radius, but I am not sure how to get past the radius. Time will tell once I get it all back up.

Ken