[ncolug] Re: Help with Radius

  • From: "Ken Allen" <kc8tdw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 00:31:58 -0400

I have used apt-get for the freeradius and it installs it, but if I issue
the radiusd -X command it comes back and says it can't find command.  Yet,
if I do locate, it finds it.  apt-get says it's install, this is all before
I downloaded the source file.  Ubuntu is got me confused on this one.  Also,
if I try to remove it, it errors out and says exit on 127.

On 6/15/07, Chuck Stickelman <CStickelman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just to re-cap...

When running a Linux Distribution w/ strong package management support
(which is almost any and all current distros) you should avoid building
software from source.

In this instance, if there were significant features missing in the
1.1.13version then you might have a case for building from source.  Otherwise,
I'd
use the prepackaged version.

Also, if your wiling to build a program from sourcean thenb you might want
to consider becoming a package maintainer... You're already 80 percent
there...

Chuck