[ncolug] Re: Help with Radius

  • From: "M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 21:02:17 -0400

Completely agreed.  "sudo apt-get install freeradius" and you're there.

Mike K.

Chuck Stickelman wrote:
Just to re-cap...

When running a Linux Distribution w/ strong package management support (which
is almost any and all current distros) you should avoid building software from
source.

In this instance, if there were significant features missing in the 1.1.13
version then you might have a case for building from source.  Otherwise, I'd
use the prepackaged version.

Also, if your wiling to build a program from sourcean thenb you might want to
consider becoming a package maintainer... You're already 80 percent there...

Chuck