[ncolug] Re: Help with Radius

  • From: "Ken Allen" <kc8tdw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 00:36:33 -0400

Ok, here is the full deal.  I was running Ultimate Ubuntu and on locate
command it would find freeradius, but when I went to that directory,
freeradius was not there.  I have now installed Ubuntu 6.10 Server and
download and installed freeradius with apt-get and it configured and start
radiusd.  So I am going to go with that method and get the server up and
running.  I just now am trying to remember, have search yet, how to
configure xserver so I can get gnome up and running.

Now I know every little about radius, but the billing software, aMember, has
be build a database.  I am quite yet how it works.  All I need it to do is
capture everyone that signs on and point them to the billing page.  I know I
have to do this in the Cisco 1231 with aaa radius and point it to the
radius, but I am not sure how to get past the radius.  Time will tell once I
get it all back up.

Ken