[muglo] Re: VPC (was- Re: OS X Upgrade)

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:24:18 -0400

on 31/7/03 12:36 AM, Alex at admeddemda@xxxxxx wrote:

> the logs seem to have a bunch of info, nothing that I can sort.
> Unresolved kernel traps, some other stuff, I dont know what most of
> it means

You should take a look at the logs for a pattern. I kept having kernel
panics and the logs showed that some code related to modem service was
regularly implicated and it turned out that the modem code was buggy. I
solved that kernel panic by turning off auto-connect for dial-up (& Apple
fixed it in 10.2.5).

PS Send me (off-list ;) the log. I may recognise something.

Eric.