[muglo] Re: SLA question

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 20:05:44 -0500

You would be surprised at how many people are quick to judge(unwanted
attention) before knowing what they are talking about. The legality
can be justified and likewise morality. I never offered them for sale
or gave to anyone who could easily afford to buy a copy.
As it stands, Canada is one of the few countries in the world where
you cannot be prosecuted for downloading anything (Songs, movies,
etc.). US pressure may change that soon and new laws may make it
illegal to resell software, songs, movies (Or give them away).

Good thing the Government has a few more pressing issues right now.

On Dec 4, 2008, at 7:50 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

> I think you may be right or you may be wrong but I doubt anyone would
> come and enforce copyright law against you.  If you offered them for
> sale on eBay or some other public place you should be selling the
> original disks only but giving them to friends and acquaintances
> should not attract any unwanted attention.
>
> Gerhard
> gerhardk@xxxxxxx
>

> On 4-Dec-08, at 9:59 AM, Wayne Dobson wrote:
>
>> It is my contention that the 6 copies of Tiger OS gleaned from the
>> units were paid for and are now legally mine to do with as I please
>> as
>> the original units have been scrapped. One copy was given to a MUGLO
>> member who needed it. She refuses to use it because it is not
>> personally autographed by Steve Jobs. Comments?
>
> ---
> MUGLO information at <http://www.freewebs.com/muglo>
> Manage your account options at <//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi

Wayne Dobson