[muglo] Re: HyperCard Stack Problem When Burned on CD-R

  • From: Bob McDaniel <mcdaniel@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 13:30:52 -0500

I've been "fiddling" with your code with these results:

Using "open movie TheMovie" does indeed bring up the movie in the window
TheMovie. However, when I attempt to

set the topLeft of window TheMovie to "236,78" (or whatever coords)

I get the msg "No such window". I have experimented by entering the code
into the Message Box and find that it has no problem moving the stack
window around. I wonder why it can't recognize the window TheMovie. (In
my case TheMovie is Lynn and that name appears at the top of the window,
just as does the stack name in its window.)

Any thoughts on what the problem is?

Regardless of the positioning issue, this simple command is an
improvement over launching QuickTime player. Many thanks for that!

BTW I'm using HyperCard 2.4.1.

Bob

http://publish.uwo.ca/~mcdaniel/