[muglo] Re: HyperCard Stack Problem When Burned on CD-R

  • From: Bob McDaniel <mcdaniel@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 02:16:12 -0500

Bob McDaniel wrote:

>Nothing is simple. Turns out that, while the problem ... holds for one
>movie in one stack, two other instances of the same situation with
>different movies in different stacks work just fine.

Actually, in this case, it was simple. I tracked the source of the
problem of recognition to some flaw in the title box of the movie icon.
The movie's name is "Lynn" and it looked fine (spelling, case, leading
spaces all in order). Anyway, on a hunch, I erased the name and
re-entered it.

Went back to the stack in question, clicked on the relevant hypertext,
and immediately the movie came up, just as in the other cases.

Again, the successful code (which may have got lost in this flurry of
messages) is:

movie "BMcD","plain"
send play to window "BMcD"

Bob