[muglo] Re: HyperCard Stack Problem When Burned on CD-R

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 07:55:38 -0500

I think the QT movie relies on dependencies and when you copy the movie
to CD-R it cannot find these files were it expects them.  What you want
to do is save the movie as "Self Contained" to your hard-drive and then
burn that movie to your CD-R.  After having done that your movies
should play from the CD-R.  In order to do this you will require QT
PRO.

Gerhard

P.S. The default setting seems to be Save Normally (allowing
dependencies) so make sure you select the self contained save option.
The advantage of using reference movies  is that you only require the
media once for several versions of a movie therefore saving space.
Disadvantage is when the movie does not find the files were it expects
them it can't play.