[muglo] Re: Brother Printer Problem

  • From: Garth Phillips <eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:48:21 -0400

Martin you can overwrite the name if you want... but be careful if it's
on a network... as the ~ is how the network recognizes the mac for
networking.

Garth.

On 2004, Aug 29, , at 22:21, Martin Albinger wrote:

Martin Albinger wrote:

> ~/Applications/Utilities/

Oh the ~ means the name of your hard drive.

And now for something completely different!  I find "Macintosh
HD" such a boring name.  I know the machine is a Macintosh, I
know it has a hard drive - do I need to be reminded every time I
look at the icon. Something like "Bit Pusher" "The Woz Machine"
or how about "Fluffy" our now deceased hampster are much more
interesting!