[muglo] Re: Help!

  • From: Garth Phillips <eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:43:37 -0400

K-J:

I have the same problem frequently when connecting to my laser on the
network... for me the best answer is to make sure both the printer and
peecee it's connected to are both up and running on the network before
hitting the "print" stroke... if I forget, I gotta go bouncing around
the house and reboot everything and that sucks! No amount of "cancel
print job" entries cancel the job once it's in the spool to an
unconnected printer.

Garth.

On 2004, Aug 29, , at 19:18, Kathryn-Jane Hazel wrote:

Dear Muglo-ites:

I'm having problems with a really basic function for my printer - how
do you cancel a print job?  With my old Mac Performa, you just hit
option and period, and that did it.

I have a Brother HL-1435 laser printer, and a Mac G4 Powerbook with OS
10.3.5.

So far the only way I've found is to turn it off, then start it up
again.  However, today, it wouldn't do that, but kept asking me if I
wanted to queue the job for later, so I clicked on that, but then when
I went to do another print job, it started printing the first one out.

Since that was a 60-page chapter in my book manuscript, I was not too
happy.  I turned it off to stop it.  When I went to the printer
dialogue box, the section for delete job was greyed out. Help!

Because I kept trying to cancel and then queue for later, I have  five
print job listings for that particular chapter. Am I doomed to
endlessly run off copies of my book chapter?

I looked at the Brother website and there was nothing about this
problem.  I'm going to call them tomorrow, but in the meantime, if you
can offer any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Kathryn