[modeleng] Re: new website

  • From: "Chris Crosskey" <chris.crosskey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 14:17:43 -0000

About a 1:4 scale model, ie 3inch to the foot... still a handy enough
caliber I'd have thought.... A 12 pounder is about a 72mm barrel bore
(rough estimate seeing as a 6-pounder is 57mm), which brings a model in
at around 18mm, so you'd be able to run shotgun cartridges in it, if you
derate the cartidges a bit (lets face it a flash, a bang and something
flies out of the end and hits a target 30 feet away is plenty from that
sort of thing surely) you should have no trouble... My dad's favourite
shotgun weighed less than six pounds so 17 lbs of brass should be able
to handle a half charge without any trouble at all.....
Chrisc