[modeleng] Work Benches

  • From: "Barrie Purslow" <bpduo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Model Engineering List" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:43:19 +0100

For many years I have used solid wood benches in my workshop but they are
showing signs of fairly serious wear and tear. i.e. splintering and oiliness.
This is not too much of a problem with steam locomotives but I am rekindling my
interest in model aircraft and they need a cleaner environment.
I am contemplating replacing the old benches with "Kitchen Worktops" as
supplied by the likes of B&Q. These appear to be plenty rigid enough (38mm
chipboard) and have a hard, plastic surface which is durable, non absorbent,
and easy to clean. Only one thing worries me slightly - I don't know anybody
who has tried it.
What about you guys?
Barrie Purslow
Warrington U.K.