[modeleng] Re: What's happening to the list?

  • From: "Terry Lane" <tel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 06:12:02 +1000

Well Harry, I look forward with interest to your 'Tich x 2' update, as you
know I have been following your progress for quite some time.

As far as the other matter goes, for a start it was not me who raised the
matter of OT, rather, I responded to a question posed by another member and
which had already been answered by a couple of others.

I beg to differ as to us 'all knowing or soon informed ...' the reason the
list was created, to the best of my feeble memory, was in order to 'keep the
old gang together' and this OT sensitive server was about the only thing
available to us at the time. Yes, we all knew, but in the interests of
staying together, we rather reuctantly, signed on - at least that is the
impression I get. I don't think that anybody really expected the list be as
restrictive as it is, or that some straying subject matter would not be
tolerated.

Visit other lists? Sure, I do that, including quite a few on Yahoo, which
some folk seem to have quite an unreasonable aversion too. The ones that I
stay with, and the ones that seem to thrive, are those that do tolerate
straying subject matter.

I know several real live people that seem to be able to talk on only one
subject (including my mooching brother-in-law) and geez, they are really
boring people. Think about it.