[modeleng] What's happening to the list?

At 08:35 PM 4/29/05 +1000, you wrote:
>Yeah blokes, chalk up another victory for the OT Gestapo.

Tel,
      Wot's the problem?  We all knew, or were soon informed, when we
signed on this list that the purpose was to create a minimal OT model
engineering list and to that end, and as a condition of the free hosting
service, list traffic would be monitored for topicality.  We KNEW that
going in and yet we chose to sign on anyway.  Some of us came here
specifically for that reason.  So now holding to the founding guidelines
constitutes gestapo behavior?  Hardly.
     It's probably appropriate to trot out that well-ridden horse, if you
don't like the lack of traffic or content then generate some, or visit a
less restrictive list.  Ask a question, give a update on your current
project, mention a planned project, something, ANYTHING, but don't just pop
up and criticize and disappear and offer nothing in the way of a remedy.
     In the time it took to write this I couod have offered an update on my
7.5"ga TICH project, but commitments, a major steam meet, and out of town
guests allow me only this today but next week I promise you shall have a
full report.

Regards,
Harry

MODEL ENGINEERING DISCUSSION LIST.