[modeleng] Re: Track circuiting & Loctite

  • From: "Ron Head" <ron.head@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:02:22 -0000

Hi John

Very interesting!  From this, I deduce that:

1) Loctite is an effective insulator.
2) Most Loctite joints have metal-to-metal contact in them somewhere, as the
joint gap is never perfectly maintained.

The ability of Loctite-built trains to operate track circuits therefore
seems to be more a matter of luck than judgement!

If  anyone else has done any tests, I'd be interested to hear the results.

Regards
Ron