[modeleng] Re: Track circuiting & Loctite

  • From: "Phill Smith" <steam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:39:49 +0800

Ron,

The simple answer to your question is, no.

Loctite, while being an insulator, doesn't have a thick enough coating to
perform the job in normal use. Also, it is impossible to get the coating to
be completely even all the way round. There is contact between the axle and
the wheel somewhere within the joint.
Then there is the shoulder to consider......
If shoulderless axles and a special jig is used to locate and space the
wheel on the axle, it could be possible. But I wouldn't count of the
strength of the joint, as loctite works on the exclusion of air to harden.
You would be better of using Araldite.

Cheers,

Phill.