[modeleng] Re: Track circuiting & Loctite

  • From: "Phill Smith" <steam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 23:08:33 +0800

Ron,

At one club that I was in, there used to be section working lights
controlled via a small section of track (about 12" long) being insulated
from the rest of the track (by air gaps). When the train went over this
section, it would complete the circuit (rail to rail) and activate the
signal controller (not fat controller......<GRIN>) to switch the lights that
controlled that section to red. Upon contacting the next section (which also
had a another section of "live" track) it would switch the lights over to
green again.

The details of how it was all set up, I can't remember...... But that's the
basics of it.  The only problem of this whole system (and the complete
telephone exchange for the entire track), was that when the person who
designed and built the system left the club, the knowledge of how it all
worked went with him/her/them.

Cheers,

Phill.