[modeleng] Re: Steel Wheels

  • From: "Barrie Purslow" <bpduo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:02:36 -0000

Charles,

The tyres will bo 7.25 inches across the flanges so I was planning on 0.007
inches of interference.

Good point about alignment - I intend to lay the tyre on two horizontal bars
about 4" apart, heat up the tyre then lower the wheel set ( the wheels are
already on the axles) into the tyre. Both wheel and tyre should rest on the
horizontal bars.

Barrie