[modeleng] Re: Steel Wheels

  • From: "Ron Head" <ron.head@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:32:16 -0000

Hi Phil

Have you thought about putting a lip on the outside of the tyre, as in full
size practice?

Interesting, what you say about tyres coming loose if the fit is too heavy.
I know this can also happen in full size as the wheels get progressively
turned down - presumably the hoop stress increases with the reduction in
cross section, till the material reaches its yield point.

Regards
Ron