[modeleng] Re: Mystery Thread & New Loco

  • From: "Shep" <shep.28@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:52:26 +0100

Al

The 1000 rpm top speed was the suggesion of the lathe manufacturers - not
the speed used by me!    On cutting very short screws in times past, I used
to turn the lathe by hand, to avoid 'sweating marbles'!     Because the
Hardinge has a positive stop, I now do these under power, but still at a
modest speed - this is easier on the nerves!!

Cheers!   Hubert