[modeleng] Re: Laying raised track: superelevation

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:15:32 -0600

I did have a photograph of a superelevation level that is in the Little
River Railroad museum at Townsend, TN.  It had several steps of super
elevation machined on one end of the bottom.  You placed the step with the
proper amount of SE required on the outside railhead , the other end on the
inside rail and when the level read ":level:" you had it where you wanted
it.  Very simple device made for a single purpose, but I never thought of a
logging railroad in the mountains using super elevation.  Well, I was wrong
for ONCE!!

Jesse in Tennessee